Is inspiring tomorrow’s generation to start innovating today. Open to schools in Mumbai (located in the areas from Bandra to Bhayandar and Chembur to Vikhroli), our science competition welcomes ideas in all sizes and for children between 10 – 13 years of age. Gather a team and represent your school to show the country how science can bring a change to society for the better.
Dates that you do not want to forget
YES Science Expo: 17 February 2018
Time: 2 PM to 5 PM
Venue: Auditorium of MVM Educational Campus, Off Veera Desai Road
The entries will be judged by a panel of experts from IIT and a celebrity judge
Topics under discussion at the expo
- Energy Conservation
- Energy sources such as solar, wind and hydro-power
- Alternative sources of energy
- Saving energy at home
Students participate under two categories
How the competition progress
The competition starts at the school level. The students will form 2 to 4 member teams, each with a unique name. After a team has zeroed in on a topic from the given options, the brain-storming, discussions and naturally, a great deal of fun will follow!
Once the team has set their plan of action, it is time to put it to the first test- the first challenge will be to convince the school coordinator to support your cause; remember to use whatever tools necessary, including sketches or diagrams where required. Other teams from your school will also be competing for the chance to participate, so don’t hold anything back!
Each participating school will select one team to represent them in each category at YES Expo. The selected teams will defend their idea and those that did not will know that they have contributed to the greater cause – turning our blue planet into a green one!
This is where the real hustling and bustling begins! The selected teams will start working on their actual models, tweaking, improving and editing as they go.
The last date for submitting entries along with the Submission Form to the school coordinator is 6th February 2017. Get submission forms from participating schools or download it here.DOWNLOAD
The schools will send us the chosen entries, where it will compete with entries from schools across Mumbai. 75 entries will be shortlisted and displayed at the Science Expo.
How will entries be judged?
Three winners from each category will take home the big prizes!
Prizes to be won in each category!
Some general rules and guidelines to follow
- Entry is free.
- Participants must be aged 10–13 years (student in Grade V to Grade VIII).
- Participating schools should be located in the area from Bandra to Bhayandar and Chembur to Vikhroli.
- Adani Electricity reserves the right to verify an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Expo.
- Do fill entry forms carefully and correctly.
Lastly and MOST importantly,
energy saving tips to remember
- Turn off plug points to save 5% power.
- LED bulbs save 80% energy compared to incandescent bulbs.
- A full load of clothes in a washing machine uses as much power as smaller ones.
- A recently used microwave oven can keep food warm for up to 30 minutes.
- Set the AC to no cooler than 24°C.
- Clean the filter of ACs every month.
- A computer’s sleep mode saves 40% energy.
- Microwave ovens save 50% power compared to electric ovens.
This is our song. We sing it, we live by it.
We have one goal
We have a dream
To create a clean green planet
Through saving energy
How do we do that?
Through these simple steps
Repeat my words
And follow these steps
As soon as you step out of the room
What do you do?
Turn off the lights when not in use
To save electricity, what should we do?
Use energy saving electronics for your rooms
To heat water before your bath everyday!
Solar water heaters are the perfect way
How to keep your food healthy and cool?
Keep the fridge doors shut all day…
With every step we take,
We know we can and we will save energy
Yes we can!
We have the power in our hands
We are the Young Energy Savers!
Get in touch with us at